
Hi! My name is Maggie krattiger. I am a freshman at the University of Oklahoma and am writing this blog for my awesome leadership class!
A little bit about myself.. I was born and raised right here in Norman, Oklahoma. I have grown up around the university and couldn't imagine myself ever going anywhere else. Even though I am at college about 15 minutes from my house I feel like it's a world away.
I am a new member of the Kappa Alpha Theta Sorority. Theta for short! I am having the best time being involved in something so amazing. I have already made friends that I know I will have forever and am just having so much fun being invloved in everything Theta has to offer. I also just love going and hanging out at the house because there is always something to do!
In Highschool I was on the cheer squad and soccer team. I have been cheering and playing soccer pretty much my entire life. Now-a-days though I really enjoy running! I love running around the pretty campus because I discover something new almost everytime I go out. I like to do others things beside just exercise obviously! I love shopping, hanging out with my family and friends, volunteering, watching football!, reading good books, shopping again and eating! haha On the eating note my favorite food is sushi and my favorite snack is trail mix! Im really loving all the great places to get sushi around campus.
I have 2 older borthers Jake and Robbie. Jake just turned 24 and is in his 2nd year of law school at OU. Robbie is 22 and plays football at Dartmouth College in New Hampshire. My mom is a third grade teacher at the elementary school my brothers and I all attended here in Norman, Eisenhower Elementary. I also have a great dane named Daisy who is HUGE but I love her very much!
July 22nd of 2008 my dad John Krattiger passed away. He had heart problems and one afternoon in June went into cardiac Shock. He got an artificial heart on June 12th but never actually woke up from that surgery. He was in the hospital for about six weeks when he got an infection that he couldn't get through. My dad was the most amazing dad a person could have! He was so supportive of everything my brothers and I did and was always the loudest one cheering at our games. I feel truly lucky to have had such a great dad for 18 years of my life. This experience obviously has had a huge impact on my life but if anything it has made me believe more the ever that everything happens for a reason even when your not quite sure what exactly that reason is yet!
Maggie....great job! Thank you so much for sharing so much about yourself and being such a bright spot in our class.
ReplyDeleteMy dad passed away during my junior year in high school....and just like you I feel I'm the lucky one to have has his love for 17 years and have in my heart all my days to come. I'm always here if you need someone to talk to or understand.
Sooooo glad you are in our class! Great job on this blog!
I'm so excited that you're loving OU! It's a fabulous campus.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on Theta! Everybody I've met in that house is so sweet!
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Life is unpredictable sometimes, but I'm glad to hear you're getting through it. Please let me know if you ever need someone to talk to. I will be here for you anytime.
: )
I remember being 18 and my first year at OU (oh so many years ago now). Have fun, enjoy growing into yourself, and I know Mrs. Wilson, the now-retired secretary from Eisenhower! Such a small world.
ReplyDelete