Wednesday, September 23, 2009






Dear Great Seniors of NNHS! Yay it's your senior year and you are about to start making a lot of major decisions that will effect that rest of your life! I'm gonna give you some advice that I wish I would have had someone tell me when I was a senior.
First off don't wish away your senior year. I know graduation and going to college is such and exciting thing but don't forget to enjoy these last little bits of childhood! Now your most likely already in the process of applying for schools, which is great. Apply to all of them you think you might be interested in. Don't not apply just because you think you will never get in because you just might! Also dont think that OU is just like going to high school. It is faaaarrr from it! Living and going to school at OU is so far from normal day Norman life its crazy! I haven't even slept at home once since I moved in for rush. If you do end up getting to come to the best school ever don't think your going to the 13th grade because your not at all!
For all you lucky kids who are going to come to OU congrats! Now a few pointers for you all. Live in the dorms it is so much fun and you will wish you would have if you dont. Also when you make your schedule keep in mind how much later you will be staying out and such. just because you were at school at 8:30 in high school does not mean you will want to be in college! Go through rush if you can! It is seriously one of the best things I have ever done and I have already made new friends that I will have forever! On that note keep in touch with your friends from high school while making new friends its great to have a combo! When you get here you will wonder why you never made your older friends take you to the caf and cate because they are awesome!! Learn to love studying now because you will be doing a lot of it once you get to OU Most importantly do what you want to do regarding college. It is your life so you need to go to the school take the classes get involved in the activities that YOU want to do. Your basically starting your life over so start the way you want to!!
Congrats again and enjoy your senior year can't wait to see you lucky ones here next year!!!!
Love Maggie Krattiger








1 comment:

  1. What a great post! I love how you told those little green Norman Northers...that OU is far from HS. Funny how a junior in HS thinks going to college is the same as being a HS student! But you know...being in HS you think you know everything!

    ReplyDelete